September 27, through December 2015
Peekskill Project is a citywide public art festival organized by HVCCA (Hudson Valley Center of Contemporary Art). The project is devoted to bringing contemporary art out of the museum and into the community; specifically into spaces not normally used to present art.
The festival is open to the public and free of charge.
Peekskill Project 6 will feature an exciting variety of sculpture, photography, installation, video and performance art by approximately 60 international and local artists, exhibited in industrial buildings, storefronts, and parks around the city.
Festival will be on view: September 27th – December 31st, 2015
FREE ADMISSION TO ALL EVENTS
HVCCA + public parks + industrial spaces and storefronts in Peekskill
September 27th, from 12-5 pm
100 North Water Street, Peekskill
From 12PM to 2:30PM, there will be FREE performances and workshops, including:
- Raphael Griswold (100 – 150 N. Water St.)
- Live Performance by Katya Grokhovsky (100 – 150 N. Water St.)
- “The End,” Storytelling Performance by Meghan Snowe (190 N. Water St.)
- Live Performance & Chalk Paintings by Alessandro Bulgini (N. Water St.)
- Live Performance by Jayoung Yoon (190 N. Water St.)
- CIRCLES Performance by Molly Haslund (N. Water St.)
- Clay Impression Workshop by Liene Bosque (N. Water St.)
From 2:30 pm, to 3 pm:
View live dance performance by Belle Ritter (N. Water St.)
From 4:30 pm to 5 pm:
Carla Rae Johnson will perform “Rosie the Riveter” in the window of “The Flatz” (1008 Main St.)
Dylan’s Wine Cellar will be hosting an in-store wine tasting during the opening of Peekskill Project 6 and will feature a sculpture by Andrew Barthelmes.
All featured wines will be on sale during the tasting as well.
featuring Geoff Feder and Andrew Barthelmes
October 11-December 31
Opening reception, October 11 @ 3PM
Paramount Hudson Valley