Come on down and shake it! Or swing it…
Bill Kline and Katrine Bangsgaard – master swing dancers and teachers from NYC had EMBARK swinging on November 8!
They’re at it again this Saturday, January 10th @ Embark Peekskill
- basic swing class at 7:00
- open floor for dancing 8:00-11:00 pm!
- $15 for the whole night – includes light refreshments
925 South St., 1st Fl.
Contact Bill for more information
Saturday in Peekskill: shopping, free movies and Tree Lighting!
- 1:00 pm: Free screening of “It’s A Wonderful Life” at the Paramount Theater.
- 3:00 – 7:00 pm: Holiday Market Tent – South Division Street
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm: Tree Lighting Ceremony
- 5:15 pm: Santa Arrives
- 6:00 – 8:00 pm : Opening reception, Peekskill Arts Alliance Holiday Boutique — Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce
- 7:00 pm: Free screening of “It’s A Wonderful Life”
December 6, 2014 – 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
(sourced from Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce)
Either way, come to Gleasons in Peekskill this Friday, December 5th, to celebrate its demise. What a stupid idea (prohibition, that is) in this poster’s opinion.
They’re adding some more prohibition-era cocktails to the menu, so come and enjoy.
Myfav will be added : the Sidecar!
After you go to the crazy cool art opening at 2nd Nature, of course!
Local artist Geoff Feder will be showing his intriguing 60 Needles, a collection of fishing lure sculptures at the 2nd Nature Skate Park in Peekskill, this Friday night, December 5th, from 7-9 pm.
And yes, there will be skateboarding going on!
Bring your board! Bring your art history degree! Is skateboarding an art? Can art be a skateboard? Come and decide for yourself.
Don’t leave empty handed — you can buy a board! They have a full skate shop there, and Mr. Feder has painted 20 boards with his iconic design and they’re for sale!
Keep your eye out for the GO Peekskill Shuttle that will be debuting soon. Round trips from the train station to some of Peekskill’s finest retailers. GO Peekskill is provided and funded by some of Peekskill’s small business such as Dylan’s Wine Cellar, The Hudson Room, Peekskill Coffee House, Birdsall House and The Quiet Man Public House Pub.
(from Dylan’s Wine Cellar FB page).
Free for all ages. Check it out at Jacob Burns Film center.
This weekend. October 25th.