Peekskill is a friendly town, and there’s lots to do if you’re looking for summer activities. Here are a few we think are worth a mention:
- Hike or bike the Blue Mountain Reservation
This 1,538-acre park right in Peekskill proper features miles of trails for mountain biking, strolling and nature study, and offers challenging hikes to the tops of two large peaks, Mt. Spitzenberg and Blue Mountain.
- Take in a summer show or just chill by the water at Riverfront Green Park. A great place to river watch, check out some cool sculptures, enjoy a picnic or bring the kids to the playground. There are nearby restaurants, bars, delis and an ice cream shop, so you don’t have to trek back to town.
- Enjoy Peekskill and the Hudson Valley by getting out on the water for a relaxing cruise.
Trinity Cruise Company offers cruises from Peekskill’s Riverfront Green Park through the Hudson Highlands. Check their calendar for their regular schedule and special events such as the monthly Wine Tasting Cruise with Dylan’s Wine Cellar and the Brews & Blues Cruise with Peekskill Brewery growlers.
- Splash in the sprinklers at Lepore Park
- Stop by to watch an evening basketball game or enjoy the spray pool on a hot summer day. Main St. Peekskill.
- Get your picture taken with Abraham Lincoln at the Lincoln Depot Museum
- Take a tour of Peekskill points of interest on “Stella” the Peekskill Trolly.
- Enjoy outdoor dining and music on North Division Street. Downtown Peekskill Summer Music Series is held every Saturday & Sunday night thru Labor Day.