… to see the wonderful Wizard of Oz at Peekskill’s Paramount Theatre.
Starts tonight, January 16 and runs through Sunday. Two shows on Saturday. Click here to buy tickets, and get more info.
And for those of you who don’t know, Peekskill does, in fact, have a yellow brick road! For realz! Controversy surrounds whether it had anything to do with the Wizard of Oz, but the author, Frank Baum, did attend Peekskill Military Academy before writing the Oz stories.
Come to a live art fest including dancing, welding, painting, pottery and more… for details click here
It’s at the HVCCA in Peekskill, this Saturday, January 10, starting at 1 pm.
More info from here for facebookers…
Come on down and shake it! Or swing it…
Bill Kline and Katrine Bangsgaard – master swing dancers and teachers from NYC had EMBARK swinging on November 8!
They’re at it again this Saturday, January 10th @ Embark Peekskill
- basic swing class at 7:00
- open floor for dancing 8:00-11:00 pm!
- $15 for the whole night – includes light refreshments
925 South St., 1st Fl.
Contact Bill for more information
Do you like cars? Classic cars? How about butts? Classic car butts? And art? Win! Win! Win!
Come on down to Gleason’s on Thursday, January 8th at happy hour, and check out some great food, excellent drinks, and the most excellent art of the incomparable Gwendolyn.
Get a look at what she’s done before here.
I’m excited for this, you should be, too! She offers this teaser on her site…
See you there.
Come to the Peekskill Field Library to see the artwork of many local artists.
The show, Local Color: A Field Gallery Retrospective, is on display thru February 8, 2015.
The Field Library is located in downtown Peekskill at 4 Nelson Avenue, Peekskill, NY 10566.
Saturday in Peekskill: shopping, free movies and Tree Lighting!
- 1:00 pm: Free screening of “It’s A Wonderful Life” at the Paramount Theater.
- 3:00 – 7:00 pm: Holiday Market Tent – South Division Street
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm: Tree Lighting Ceremony
- 5:15 pm: Santa Arrives
- 6:00 – 8:00 pm : Opening reception, Peekskill Arts Alliance Holiday Boutique — Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce
- 7:00 pm: Free screening of “It’s A Wonderful Life”
December 6, 2014 – 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
(sourced from Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce)